Selasa, 5 Ogos 2008

KIDS in JAIL!!! HeLp ThEm!

Iraq's Home-jailed Kids
By Afif Sarhan, IOL Correspondent

BAGHDAD— Dina Abdel-Rahman spends the long weary hours of the day recalling the times when she used to go to school with her mates and play outside her house.
"I miss the life I had before when I was able to go to school and play with my colleagues," recalls the 9-year-old.
"Sometimes I feel so sad that I think I will die."


A small and innocent kids who never know about anything be a victim of the 'war' set by America. The only she know is fear and death anytime awaits her...

A year ago, Dina's parents pulled all their kids from school after the tragic death of their 10-year-old son in the spike of violence in their Baghdad neighbourhood.
Since then, she has been confined to her home.
Dina rarely sees anything beyond their doorstep, prevented even from playing with other kids outside.
"Since my brother was killed, my parents don’t allow us to go outside without their presence and it happens very rarely," she says.
"I miss being able to play with my friends, exchange dollies and visit their homes. My mother tries to improve the mood by playing with me but it isn’t the same."
Hayder Issan, 11, has also been locked up in his home for a long time.
"My mother doesn’t allow me out…When she tells me I can not go, she cries."


See, she loose her mother, because of the war that never sounds to ends...

Like Dina, the Baghdadi kid craves to the days when he used to go to school and enjoy the sunshine and breeze outside his house.
"It has been a hard time for me."



Fearful

Dina's mother helplessly watches her child looking out of the window, trying to catch a glimpse of the outside world.
"I know that sometimes my children get sad and cry asking for some freedom," she says.
The grief-stricken mother is still haunted by the memory of her child who was killed leaving school.
"I don’t want to lose another one," she said choking at the bitter memory.
"People might say that it will affect their mental health, however, in the future we can take care of this because it is better than losing them," she argued.
"Until the security improves, they will have to stay home."
According to the UN, more than 110 children had been killed and nearly 95 injured in attacks on schools since 2005.
The numbers do not include children killed or injured on their way to or from school.
According to a report released last year by NGO Save the Children, 818,000 primary school-aged children, representing 22 percent of the student population, were not attending school.



For sure, as a Malaysian, we never know how the suffer of these people. Now, what we do to help them? They are muslims, we also muslims! So what we do to help them? Do we have to keep waiting to make the war stop? I don't think it will be an ending except we are facing the Kiamat! Do we still have to wait and obey to the power veto of PBB to stop? They never let it to be!!



Scarred

Experts say that families, haunted by the spectre of violence, are not aware of the severe psychological distress their children suffer while being locked up.
"If those children didn’t have one day of freedom since they were born, maybe they would not feel this huge difference," says Dr. Fu'ad Aziz, a Baghdad-based psychologist.
"But since they had a normal life once, the shock of their new condition can cause mental disturbances for the rest of their lives."
The expert recalls the case of a kid who was so traumatized that he tried to commit suicide.
"After long treatment, we found out that his problem was being a home prisoner.
"This child was suffering from a deep depression and until now he is receiving psychological treatment as well as medication."
Dr. Aziz is very critical of overprotective families who go as far as banning kids from going to school.
"Taking children out of school is unacceptable. It is the only place in Iraq today where they can have the minimum of autonomy and liberty."
For Issan, the Baghdad child, its difficult to understand his parents' fears.
"There are days when I wake up with an uncontrolled desire to go to school, sit outside my home or play with my friends," he says.
"Sometimes, you prefer to get killed playing than to live forever as prisoner inside your own home."


Do you prefer to hiding or giving your life to the terorist? Or we still think that the muslim are terorist? Who the real terorist? Who setup to killing old peolple, women and kids during the war?

Let's think and please think about them..... fear, suffer, scared and all horrible thing just come to them. But we just give our sympatize, please, please pray for them and never, never, never stop pray for them. Hopefully Allah always be there to give up the miracles!






p/s the yellow words is from my opinion...

Tiada ulasan:

Permulaan perjalanan seorang pelajar ijazah sarjana

Alhamdulillah, Allah masih memberikan peluang untuk jari-jemari ini untuk memberi manfaat kepada pembaca sekalian. Harini, penulis akan menc...